Our school provides opportunities for students, staff and parents to know and celebrate our Catholic faith. This is done through the religious life of our school. Members of our community experience a rich liturgical and prayer life, celebration of the Sacraments, faith formation, social outreach activities, and opportunities to share faith with each other and with youth from other schools in the Archdiocese.
Our school offers a range of liturgical experiences for students, staff and families.
These liturgies enhance our involvement as a Josephite community by encouraging girls to connect with their faith.
In particular, we offer the following:
- World Youth Day
- Australian Catholic Youth Festival
- CouageUs – Youth group of St Therese Padstow that connects students of MSJ with students from De La Salle College, Revesby and La Salle College Bankstown.
- Fortnightly student prayer group is known as “Mustard Seed”
- Weekly Adoration service
- Weekly Home Room and/or House Masses
- Annual Masses for special events including
- The Commencement of the school year:
- Ash Wednesday
- St Joseph’s Day
- St Mary of the Cross MacKillop Day
- Peru Day (recognising the work of the Sisters of St Joseph in Peru)
Each year group (7-10) participates in a Reflection day that highlights aspects of faith. These days develop a grateful and inclusive environment as students learn to respect each other within the Catholic tradition.
- Year 7 – Who was Mary MacKillop?
- Year 8 – What are the superhero qualities of our saints?
- Year 9 – Overcoming adversity
- Year 10 – Modern-day discipleship
In Years 11 and 12, our students participate in an overnight Retreat program. These events nurture the relationships between our students and help them develop an awareness of their role in a global community.
- Year 11 – “We are but travellers here”
- Year 12 – “A future full of hope”